Conversion of a Subaru wiring harness for a VW (Bus/Bug/Vanagon/Etc) to Subaru engine conversion. You remove the wiring harness from a donor vehicle, ship to us, and we return the modified harness ready for connection into your project chassis - Instructions and labels provided.
Please print the Info Sheet and include when shipping: Harness Info Sheet
If you would like to have additional options such as Cruise Control, just touch to email, text, or call (970-779-0101) with the description of your harness and we'll help you out.
Where do I ship the harness (See info sheet above)?
BUSARU, 340 Clear Spring Ave, Durango CO, 81301
I've never pulled a wiring harness, how do I do this?
How long does the wiring harness conversion take?
Generally 2-3 weeks
What wiring harness items do I need to pull from the donor car?
- The main wiring harness under the dash.
- The Subaru computer which sits in the passenger foot rest on 1995+ cars, and is under the driver-side dash on 1990-1994 cars.
- The Ignitor, Mass Airflow Sensor, Oxygen Sensors, Atmospheric Pressure Sensor and PSSSV on passenger shock tower in engine bay (some models do not have these 2). Some models (turbo and 6cyl have a fuel pump controller that you will want to keep as well).
- If you have an OBD2 car then make sure to keep that connector (it sits in the driver-side kick panel).
- Keep the alternator harness (It can be cut at the fender, and where it enters the black relay box.
- Turbo conversions require the Fuel Pump Controller in the rear-right/left of the vehicle so grab the controller, its connector, and as much of the wiring to the connector as you can.
- Some 2005+ Subaru's have a security immobilizer so grab the IMMO computer, the ignition key with transponder, and the ignition switch with security ring, best to just email us for details.
The wiring harness continues to the back of the donor car, do I need this?
You can cut the wiring that leads to the rear of the car.
What do I need to send to BUSARU for wiring harness modification?
- The main wiring harness under the dash and the ECU computer - you keep the sensors. If you have any doubts about what to send, you can send everything you have and we will go through it for you.